Will I took my orange belt test today in Krav Maga and now I am officially dead. It started at 1pm and we were not finished until 6:30PM (it was only supposed to go until 5pm but these things are notorious for ending late).
We began by jogging to Safeway about 2 miles (3.2 km) return trip and then began a sequence of drills that were designed to exhaust us and they did. After about an hour we were broken up into those testing for yellow belt and green and those testing for orange. We then had a 2 hr 30 seminar that covered all of the orange belt material. Also, we could not half ass it during the seminar or we would have been denied the opportunity to test at all so it was 100% all day.
After the seminar we had about a 4 minute break and went directly to the testing phase and covered everything that we had just gone over. At so many times I felt like quitting. Like everyone we all had periods of dizziness and nausea and mouths as dry as sand. Sips of water when we could get them (and these were few and far between) were like heaven. The good news is that I survived the ordeal but the bad news is that I may not have even passed and may not know for a couple of days. Whatever the case I am glad I made it though because I know I had nothing left to give at the end of the day.
Saturday, November 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment